Tuesday 3 January 2012

Another sleepless night - still a domestic goddess

I never used to take Mina into bed when she was a baby. I was quite persistent on the swaddling thing and from what I remembered she used to seattle pretty well in her own moses basket. This time however its different, maybe because I got to spend some time at the hospital where they suggested sleeping with the baby in the hospital bed to give it that closeness its longing for. The dummy success turned into a little of a nightmare last night tho she kept pulling it out and then couldnt seattle without it so she ended up sleeping in my bed, which by the way is a child's bed (80 cm sofa bed which occasionally folds out as a double bed) that I now have slept on for 4 weeks. Therefore (not really designed for a grownup) it has now developed a permanent ditch in which I lie in.

However I still managed to do some fantastic bake offs today. I was glad tho when my friend text me and moved back our meet up 1 hour as I find it almost impossible to be ready before lunchtime. Therefore I have now introduced a new rule to myself - I will not commit to anything before 12 noon.


Åsa here is the muffin recipe

So easy to make and perfect for a brunch or a picknick, pretty child friendly too ; )


Courgette and cheddar cheese muffins

1 dl grahams flour

1 1/2 dl self raising flour

1 1/2 rolled oats

1 1/2 tsp English mustard powder

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda

300 g grated courgette

6 dl cheddar cheese

75 ml milk

1 egg

5 tbs veg oil

Handfull of black olives


Heat oven to 180°C

Mix all dry ingredients then add egg, milk and oil. Pour into muffin trays (silicon trays are best) and sprinkle a little cheese, courgette on top. Top off with an olive on each muffin. Place in oven and cook for 30 min.


Later that evening I had my sister and her family coming over to check out little Eliza and the new house. This was one of those days when Eliza was very cooperative and slept a lot and baking is something that Mina enjoys so it worked out pretty well.

I was going to do an experiment, a mixture between sweet and savory and swedish and english....

BLT on gingerbread sponge cake!

This was a success - even my husband liked it (he really isnt a big fan of the whole gingerbread custom all together).

I will post this recipe another time.


No comments:

Post a Comment