Wednesday 4 January 2012

How to NOT having to leave the bedroom all night (and hopefully even stay in bed)

There is nothing that irritates me more than if I forget to pack any of my essentials when I am out and about. It can ruin the whole day. A bit childish I know but that just the way I am. I love being prepared for anything. I cant for example leave the house without my swiss army knife. Its the smallest version but it has proven useful almost everyday - toothpick, tweezers, nail file what more does a women need (the scissors and knife comes in pretty handy too).

So the same goes for when its time for bed. When I first came home from hospital I slept in our big comfortable bed getting up and feeding on the sofa in the bedroom 3-4 times a night, then having to go to the bathroom to do a nappy change...it was far to unpractical for my liking. I didnt like it a bit.

There was another big problem. We have to big siamese cats that sleeps in our bed and the bed is over a meeter of the ground so it would be quite a fall.

Therefore I decided I was gonna sleep in Elizas room for a little while before she got settled in her own bed (Mina didnt sleep in our bed once, this is turning into quite a different story). Eliza still hasnt slept one night in her own bed, I am still sleeping in her room and she is either sleeping in the bed with me or I am rocking the pram half the night.

But I am trying to make it a little easier by having my bedtime basket restocked every night. Below is a list of the essentials that will make your night a little more comfortable.


Basket by the bed with the following in it:


Nappies

Homemade wipes (olive oil and water wipes in a bag)

Bottom cream / nappy rash cream

Dry wipes (general usage)

Square cut out of bed protector sheet (changing mat)

2 sets of changes (preferable oncies)

Bib / flannel (to stop milk / sick from getting everywhere)

Larger towel (used when feeding laying down to stop sheets getting wet)

Blanket (covering baby while feeding and swaddle)

Breastpads

Cosy dressing gown (when you need to get out from under the duvet)

Shawl (while breast feeding)

Painkillers (sore / achie nipples / breasts)

Bottle of water

Mobile toy

Lip balm

Small bin with lid on or nappy sacks


No comments:

Post a Comment